In simple terms, these are our terms: You complete and return your Client Brief, we submit a Creative Brief (including a fee schedule), to which you agree after any amendments and we will start work on your project.
But please read these detailed terms and conditions so there will be no confusion or misunderstanding during and upon completion of our work.
1. Work will begin when you agree to the Creative Brief, the fee quoted and deadline.
2. You Need A Writer will provide you with the work required in a professional manner, by the deadline agreed. All quotations include up to two revisions; any further revisions will be charged additionally at an hourly rate. If you change the parameters of the project, or if it involves much more time than originally estimated, You Need A Writer will inform you and we can renegotiate the fee and/or deadline.
3. Regular work will be invoiced monthly.
4. Payment will be made by electronic funds payment directly into a bank account.
5. Either party may terminate our contract by giving not less than seven days’ written notice to the other. If you terminate our contract all work on your project to that point will be invoiced.
6. Nothing in this agreement constitutes a consent by You Need A Writer in relation to any acts contrary to our moral rights, unless expressly set out in the Creative Brief.
7. You Need A Writer owns all copyright and intellectual property rights in all copy (meaning all words and/or phrases and/or content) produced until we have received payment for work completed and all associated costs as agreed.
8. Work you refuse cannot be used in whole or in part.
9. You indemnify You Need A Writer against all liabilities, costs and claims arising out of the publication of the work.
10. You Need A Writer acknowledges that we may be furnished or may otherwise receive or have access to information which relates to your past, present or future personal information, creative works, marketing strategies, pending projects and proposals, and other proprietary information. We agree to preserve and protect the confidentiality of all proprietary information, whether disclosed to us before this agreement is signed or afterward. In addition, we shall not disclose or disseminate the proprietary information to any third party and shall not use the proprietary information for our own benefit or for the benefit of any third party.
11. Unless otherwise specified in the Client Brief you agree to pay You Need A Writer according to the hourly rate — $70 an hour — within 15 days of invoicing following completion of work.